[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

+1

Posted By: Matt Cohn-Geier
Date: Sunday, 26 January 2014, at 4:30 a.m.

In Response To: Abolish the Last Chance ! (Bill Phipps)

I think my overall life equity and happiness would be improved if there were no last chance, esp. at smaller tournaments.

I come to a tournament expecting to play 11, 13, 15 point matches, or sometimes even longer, in hopes of winning a big prize if I should happen to win the tournament, or at least doing well if I make it to the finals or win consolation or something.

I don't ever really go in thinking that if that doesn't work out, well, at least I have an 8-round crap shoot of 5-point matches to maybe win 1/8th of that on Sunday at 10AM.

Also, if I enter side events and reach the semis or finals of those side events, the last chance can sometimes interfere with the finals of masters/doubles/whatever being played.

If I want to enter a Blitz side event I can do that. I don't see why a mandatory Blitz on Sunday morning is necessary.

If tournaments must hold a LC, I prefer a progressive LC rather than traditional.

At larger international tournaments I like the prize-giving ceremonies that take place. It is conducive to a better atmosphere than what we have in the US.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.