[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Side Pools--New Ideas

Posted By: phil simborg
Date: Tuesday, 28 January 2014, at 2:24 p.m.

In Response To: Side Pools--New Ideas (Bill Phipps)

No one is screwing over anyone. If you find a way to get more people to come to tournament and make more people happy to be there and have a chance to have some action where they feel they have a fair chance to win, you will get more people at tournaments and there will be a much larger pool for the top players. More people is also good for the promoters and will also attract more sponsors and will grow the game overall.

I don't believe any of my ideas will remove money from the pockets of the Giants...I believe it will add money. Most players who are "fringe" open players feel a horrible disadvantage competing in the Open Division, especially after having the experience of playing Intermediate where they were one of the favorites. This is a small way to give them a little more chance to gain some positive equity.

How does it take any money away from the top players if my assumption is correct that these people do not get into the side pool as it is now (look at the past tournament sheets and see how many of the lower-ranked open players get in the side pool)?

But EVEN IF I AM WRONG and this does not bring more people to tournaments and does not do what I intended, why should you make the assumption about my motives...why suggest I am trying to screw anyone? You can accuse me of being wrong, or that the ideas will not help everyone who plays, as what I intended, but to attack someone's motives is just, well, nasty. It is also unfair it that kind of personal attack is what makes people like me ask why the hell try to do anything to improve or promote the game when people attack you personally for your efforts just because they disagree with your ideas?

Argue the merits of the ideas, not the person.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.