[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Side Pools--New Ideas

Posted By: Bill Calton
Date: Tuesday, 28 January 2014, at 4:06 p.m.

In Response To: Side Pools--New Ideas (Rod)

"Is $200 additional going to prevent virtually anyone already spending entry fees, travel and food not going to come because if an additional $200 (or $100 or $150)?"

Yes

While I do like having the opportunity to earn a decent prize, I must balance this against the significant expense to go to your typical ABT event. As you mention, add up entry, travel, hotel, food costs, and a weekend backgammon getaway is easily $1000 or more. Another $100 or $200 does make a difference.

Most of the time most of us do not win. I budget assuming I won't win anything. And don't forget most of us work and have families; there are only so many tournaments we are going to attend.

So the main impact for me is which two or three or four tournaments will I go to in a year? Anything more than about $300 Open entry and I'm out. You won't see me in Vegas. I generally avoid the Masters for the same reason.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.