[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

It's not about me

Posted By: Matt Cohn-Geier
Date: Wednesday, 29 January 2014, at 9:32 p.m.

In Response To: It's not about me (neilkaz)

I'm not sure that I would avoid an event just because the return was 95% in the side pool instead of 100%, or other things I perceived to be relatively small.

That being said, I am of the opinion that if you build it, they will come. If you build events that are attractive and prestigious, people will want to play. If you generally have lower rakes, or even better, added money, people will flock to the tournament. While one increase of 5% rake in a side pool probably wouldn't swing my decision to attend, little things add up over time.

I'm not saying that players should try to profit at a TD's expense, TDs have to get by too. I am simply suggesting that there are more forward thinking and win-win solutions than saying that experts need to kick in a little bit more incentive for the field.

If your perspective is essentially that you are at war with the top players over some perceived equity slight, I don't think you will have a very successful event.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.