[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

New Baffle Box Rule Proposed

Posted By: Paul Weaver
Date: Saturday, 1 February 2014, at 4:31 p.m.

In Response To: New Baffle Box Rule Proposed (phil simborg)

There are a few players who are very skilled at frequently rolling the dice off the board and onto the floor behind me. The next time I played one such opponent, I suggested before the start of our next match that we have the following agreement, "If I roll the dice off the board and onto the floor, I will be very happy to get up and pick up the dice myself; if you roll the dice off the board and onto the floor, then you will be the one to get up and pick up the dice."

I keep a running pip count and when I encounter the distraction of having to pick up my opponent's dice, I often lose my running pip count. After getting up to pick up my opponent's dice, I feel I am entitled to hold the dice in my hand until I reestablish the running count. What do you think?

When someone "accidentally" rolls the dice onto the floor, it is considered good etiquette to stop the clock while the dice are being located. However, when someone rolls the dice onto the floor half a dozen times in a match, I no longer consider it an "accident." I feel such a person should be required to keep the clock running while the dice are being located. Let's give everyone two free "accidental" rolls on the floor per match. Beyond that, let's keep the clock running while the opponent picks up the dice. This would encourage participants to find a way to roll the dice onto the board and not the floor.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.