[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

New Baffle Box Rule Proposed

Posted By: Michael Petch
Date: Saturday, 1 February 2014, at 11:09 p.m.

In Response To: New Baffle Box Rule Proposed (Stick)

Since I have not played with USBG Clock Rules, I asked because I was unsure. After reading them (The separate clock rules) I do see that there is a requirement to stop the clock "(c) to retrieve fallen dice,". So I understand that.

So if the dice land on the board but are cocked the clock isn't stopped from my understanding? (I assume fallen dice mean fallen somewhere other than the playing surface)

With regards to the new simborg/horton/bower (S/H/B) rules there isn't any penalty that I can see for persistent rolling of cocked rolls that actually follow the protocol as laid out in 5.5 of the S/H/B rules. Now of course dice landing ontop of checker may or may not be cocked depending on what variant a TD follows under rule 5.6 (Valid Rolls).

This idea of penalties seems to be dealt with more clearly in the new S/H/B rules however in those new rules I don't see anything that really says persistent cocked rolls are a problem as long as the protocol in throwing them is adhered to. Section 5.6 (Valid Rolls) doesn't even seem to suggest that persistent cocked dice is an issue.

Phil seems to be pushing for penalties that I can't see even applying in his new rules? (Unless I am reading the wrong ones, as there seem to have been updates over time).

Recently Calgary has started a small club (just last month). It is starting out as social play (to get people interested in learning the game), however some of us were discussing the idea of small low stakes tournaments in the future if we could get enough interest. Of course there are different rules that one can adopt so I definitely am more motivated in finding out what might be suitable rules for potential future club/tournament play(with and without clocks), and how the rules do differ.

Thanks

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.