[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Why just eight participants in Texas dual-dual?!

Posted By: __1ERROR1__
Date: Monday, 3 February 2014, at 10:37 a.m.

Honestly, I got extremely disappointed when I saw there were only eight participants in dual-dual tournament. I could not figure out why…..what I mean by this is that: ” if your are that skillful in backgammon, why do not you show this to others in a tournament which has been exactly planned for this”. The absence of Michi, Neil, Victor, Paul, and more important (at least for me) Stick was deeply felt in this tournament. I vividly remember Stick told me in GG that he is looking for something more rewarding than backgammon. I was wondering if there is a tournament in backgammon world more rewarding than Texas dual dual?!It is mathematically obvious that if you are better than all your opponents in this tournament in terms of PR, you will certainly win the final round. Even some of the great players attended other events (Neil, Paul, bob wachtel, bill phipps and others played main event) in Texas except dual-dual which their matches were supposed to get transcribed while they were playing. I fully appreciate Petko, MCG, Mochy, Akiko, Kit, ED, Ray and the new star Saba for their attendance especially Mcg, Petko and Mochy who accepted to be challenged by Phil…..and again trying to understand why the rest of the starts are not willing to take part in dual-dual!!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.