[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Iancho PR Ranking February 2014

Posted By: Victor Ashkenazi
Date: Monday, 3 February 2014, at 8:32 p.m.

In Response To: Iancho PR Ranking February 2014 (Taper_Mike)

Thanks, Mike, but it's not about me. I find it misleading to allow online matches to dominate the ranking. Since I'm in the writing mood today, here is my two cents on the topic of ratings: 1) live tournament matches, streamed and analyzed are by far the best indication of the player's strength. Too many great online players, very few live consistent performers 2) backgammon needs ELO type of a rating that would be formed from live tournament results (similar to chess). Results are very important. Downplaying them and bring all kinds of excuses (bad streaks, hot dice) is misleading and only disorient already disoriented bg community. Of course all events (main, masters, duals) with reasonable match length (maybe 9 points and up) must be included 3) since backgammon is not chess and not always best player win particular match, average PR of live matches can be used as additional coefficient that will be used to calculate the final rating 4) players can not refuse to be recorded if they want to participate in national/international rating

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.