[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

San Antonio

Posted By: David Rockwell
Date: Tuesday, 4 February 2014, at 5:01 p.m.

In Response To: San Antonio (Bill Riles)

The level of competition at this tournament was very high. That is the most important thing to me.

I liked the no nonsense way that penalty points were awarded. I wish everyone did this.

I will mention two negatives. The drawsheet did not work well. Wait times were unacceptable. My wife waited eight hours for one match and I waited longer. Matches were not particularly delayed. This was just the way that the drawsheet was constructed. I presume these drawsheets will not be used again next year.

Our hotel room smelled like a sewer. I heard other people say the same thing. It appears that this was the difference between the newer part of the building and the old part. The hotel used some sort of fragrance which didn't last to cover up the smell when we first entered. We didn't notice until later and chose not to complain thinking that this was standard for the hotel. We didn't realize until Sunday that some of the rooms were actually nice. I'm very unhappy with the Menger for sticking us with a room like this and charging us full price. If we return, we would probably find a different place to stay.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.