[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

San Antonio - a thorough review--you missed the best food

Posted By: phil simborg
Date: Tuesday, 4 February 2014, at 6:28 p.m.

In Response To: San Antonio - a thorough review (Rod)

Agree with all your remarks except food. San Antonio has some of the best BBQ in the world, and I consider myself an expert on the subject. And the best in San Antonio is Rudy's, but it is not close to the Alamo, but there are several that are fairly close that are decent.

By the way, I have made it a point to visit virtually every great BBQ restaurant in the country and I doubt I have missed very many, and my No. 1 favorite in the U.S., amazingly, is in New York City! Virgil's at 44th and Broadway is still my No. 1 pick. The first time I went there I took one of their place mats with Virgil's list of his favorites around the country and I have been to almost all of them and I pretty much agree with him.

Rudy's in San Antonio is one of my top 5.

I was told they had good BBQ at the Superbowl Party but I missed the party and the game as I was alive in two events and had to keep playing. From what I hear, missing the game was no big loss, but I would have enjoyed the BBQ and the company, and Randee tells me that half time show was great. All and all, I'd rather be alive in the tournament and playing backgammon and watching Ray and Mochy.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.