[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Progressive Consol, yes, Progressive Last Chance, No

Posted By: David Rockwell
Date: Thursday, 6 February 2014, at 4:14 p.m.

In Response To: Progressive Consol, yes, Progressive Last Chance, No (phil simborg)

I think this is a good example of the advantage of different directors doing what they think is best while the players can try them all and see what system they prefer. That is more likely to bring positive change than any ideas coming from an ivory tower.

Personally, I find myself leaning towards MCG's suggestion / comment; eliminate last chance. All money collected with the main entry fee would be paid to main and conso winners. A 5 point elimination tournament with a separate entry fee (or anything else) could be held on Sunday for those interested. If I was running the tournament, I would offer the Sunday option with no rake or even added money as an incentive to play. This would mean that everyone losing twice would not win ABT points. Everyone would need to see how they feel about that. ABT points won in last chance are generally small. The quality of the Sunday event would also probably drop if stronger players found it wasn't worth their time.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.