[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

wouldn't it be fun!!!!

Posted By: phil simborg
Date: Friday, 7 February 2014, at 12:04 a.m.

In Response To: San Antonio Glitches -- Long -- Comments and Suggestions Appreciated (Bill Riles)

Wouldn't it be fun if, on Sunday, if you are out of the main event, you could choose between two or maybe even three really fun side events?

How about a Nackgammon Tournament? Or Backgammon-to-lose (my favorite)? Speedgammon; RandomGammon; SassonGammon; SimborgGammon (you can't make a point on the opening move or run with 6-5); or Non-Consulting Doubles (another of my favorites); or a chouette tournament; or minimatches and blitzes?

Instead of trying to squeeze in these fun side events during the main tournament, when people really should be concentrating on the main events, and when entering these distract from and conflict with main events, how about doing some of these instead of consolation. A little variety and lots of fun for those who are out of the main event. And for those who lose in the main events and Consolation on Sunday morning, some of these events can start Sunday afternoon as well.

I truly believe I would be more excited about going to tournaments if I knew that I had some fun stuff like this to do if and when I'm out of the main. I am sure others would feel the same.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.