[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Ed O - Dual duel suggestion

Posted By: Rod
Date: Friday, 7 February 2014, at 9:01 a.m.

In Response To: Ed O - Dual duel suggestion (Stick)

From my post:

"Tell you what.... Every time for the next 2 years that Mochy and Neil play or Matt and Neil play, I'll put $525 on Matt and Mochy to your $500 on Neil for PR."

Oops.... It was Matt and Mochy over Neil. But you clearly wouldn't take that one either. Nor would Petko. Either the bet For Mochy over you and Neil or the actual one as quoted are not great bets for the person against me. An unwillingness to take the bet proves my point about the PR competition aspect - bad odds for any but a select few. Not that Mochy will always win the PR aspect... but it'll happen frequently - much more than the match win % rate.

And the reason that I put Neil in the bet is because Petko added Neil's name... you and Neil vs Matt and Mochy. (And, FYI, both you and Neil are great players - I don't care what people say about your playing under the influence ;-) )

Petko tried to change it to a match win % chance. That was never my point. My point was always straight PR (as that is the dominant factor in the dual-duel, but not the only one). Obviously a higher PR player can beat a lower PR player (I've had 1.0+ PR 11 pointers, against XG, with clock - I've gotten lucky in the fact that I got rolls I knew how to play - but that's not close to my average PR, obviously).... but it just won't happen that frequently.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.