[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Online PR vs Live PR

Posted By: Keene
Date: Wednesday, 12 February 2014, at 6:00 p.m.

Through many recent discussions, there have been sporadic references to people's various PR levels - whether its online or live. I am somewhat bemused by that, as most often (I think - correct me if I am wrong) people seem to think they play better online than they do live.

In my personal experience, I find that I play better live than I do online. I know the reasons for it - I take longer to play live, the process of moving checkers around allows my brain just a little longer to consider things. Counting pips is a slower process, but it allows more aspects of the position to sink into my mind. Visual recognition patterns form are more visible to me, I get visual cues from some opponents about how they feel about positions etc.

So, why is it that you, reader, think you play better online? Also, define online please - is that vs XG, vs human opponents on one of the sites? Whats the future here? Are we all going to playing strictly online, or on a computer in the future, or will the game move more towards live playing, with the online experts wanting to take up the challenge of the tournament pros and giants?

Keene

PS: In a match last night, I was faced with some incredibly difficult positions, which I think are easier when viewed on a computer or vs an online opponent. I will share when I have run that match (its transcribed on NJBG).

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.