[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

You were talking about me.

Posted By: phil simborg
Date: Thursday, 13 February 2014, at 5:22 p.m.

In Response To: You were talking about me. (David Rennie)

When someone insists on playing on his inferior board, you have several choices:

1. You can politely tell him his board sucks and yours is much better and ask him to switch;

2. If he declines, you have the right to ask the tournament director to choose boards, and if the director agrees that his is sub-standard and could affect the quality of play, he should require play on your board;

3. You could roll for it and hope you win the roll;

4. Or you could do what I am sure someone did to me once, and I cannot prove it, but this guy always liked to play on his board, and when it came time to play in the finals of our club game, it turns out that I was missing a checker and we were forced to play on his board. Later that evening my checker was found under my coat on the other side of the room.

I will not say who this person was, because I cannot prove that he hid my checker, but I will tell you that he no longer lives in Illinois and he moved to California. I tell people that the reason he moved there in his later life was to get used to the heat.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.