[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Introducing Myself

Posted By: Pat MacNeil
Date: Thursday, 20 February 2014, at 8:38 p.m.

Hi all and welcome from Vancouver. My name is Pat. Very few of you know me but I’m hoping that will change in the very near future. I’m in the midst of a life changing situation that will see me attending future ABT events. Before I get started I should tell you I LOATHE typing so my posts will be sporadic at best but I REALLY felt compelled to weigh in on this one. The issue ? Underage participation for MONEY. This is so very, VERY wrong. Some of you have said it’s up to the parents to decide. Where is it written that just because you’re an adult you’re capable of making intelligent decisions. Once upon a time slavery was legal. Once upon a time women weren’t allowed to vote. Were these the acts of intelligent adults ? I thought so. So now, let me tell you why I think children should NOT be allowed to enter Tournaments involving cash prizes. BackGammon is NOT like Chess. BackGammon is MORE like Poker and Poker rooms do NOT allow children on the premises. If BackGammon wants to be included on the same plane as Poker, with regard to LEGAL LEGISLATION, then it MUST adopt the SAME principles. Perry had the right idea of lobbying for inclusive legislation and for that I applaud him. This truly needs to happen. BackGammon NEEDS exposure and this is one way of making it happen but, until a child is of legal age, he/she MUST be left out of the equation.

Pat

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.