[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

My Experience With Safe Harbor Games

Posted By: Michael Petch
Date: Saturday, 22 February 2014, at 5:48 p.m.

In Response To: My Experience With Safe Harbor Games (Paul Weaver)

I can. I play both on GG and SHG. If you wish you can contact me offline at mpetch@capp-sysware.com .

First thing is this, AOL's browser will not work SafeHarborGames. There is a feature in that browser that prevents custom protocol handlers. You will need to use Internet explorer, Firefox, Opera, Chrome. SHG now has a warning on their pages about this. I spent time trying to find a solution (they had approached me for my input), and couldn't find one. I mention this because I see you have an AOL email address. You can use these other browsers with AOL, it is just that AOL bundles their own bastardized version of IE and people seem to use it not knowing they can use something else.

But in general you need to create a new account first:

http://www.safeharborgames.net/login/register.php

Follow the form. When finished it should send you an account verification message within a few minutes. If you don't get the validation email you won;t be able to login. Sometimes it may end up in spam. If you don;t get the email contact safeharborgames@gmail.com and put in the subject line "Problem receiving validation email". In the body of the message just let them know of the problem and the account name you created. They can manually validate for you.

After creating an account you need to download the software for your system. The download page is here, just select which version you are using.

http://www.safeharborgames.net/downloads/aboutwin.php

Once you have an account and the software you can enter the Backgammon rooms.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.