[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Unlimited

Posted By: Nack Ballard
Date: Saturday, 22 February 2014, at 11:14 p.m.

In Response To: GNU rollout (Taper_Mike)

I had never paid attention to the nomenclature, but doesn't "unlimited" refer to a game (or a move from a game) played in a (hypothetical) match having an unlimited number of points? If so, it makes sense to me that "unlimited game" should be singular (without an "s"), just as is "money game" in parallel context.

For consistency, perhaps the upper choice of XG setting should be "Money Play" or "Unlimited Play" (instead of Unlimited Game/s), given that the lower choice is "Match Play." Alternatively, the settings pair could be "Unlimited Game" (upper) and "Match Game" (lower), or simply "Unlimited" (upper) and "Match" (lower).

If Xavier agrees, and given his exquisite attention to detail, it would not surprise me if he makes some adjustment to that in the next version of his program that already surpasses all superlatives.

Nack

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.