[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

A Suggestion for Jason.

Posted By: Taper_Mike
Date: Sunday, 23 February 2014, at 9:58 p.m.

In Response To: A Suggestion for Jason. (MishyPoo)

What a bogus idea!

Sure, I understand that your teammates can be easily confused. I bet you were worried that a lot of them were going to put blots on the 2pt, 3pt, and 5pt after being advised to do so in the well-intentioned writings of my mates!   ;-)

Seriously, adding rules and penalties when we have barely begun cannot be the right approach. Many of the players are not familiar with the OLM at all, let alone the new rules for this one.

Besides, I am not sure that a post made by a non-team member even constitutes an infraction. Remember, your teammates are not supposed to be reading them until after they have voted. That’s the reason why Jason explicity acknowedged that voting by posters who did not make either team is allowed. By extension, the same logic should apply when one of my teammates votes during your turn.

For the record, I hope the practice will cease. I don’t mind a few jokes, especially at the start. But as the match progresses, I expect that we won’t be seeing much more of this.

Here is what I propose:

After Jason posts the root of a new thread, he should immediately add two replies, one for voters and the other for non-voters. I would also like to see him include a reminder every time that voters are on their honor not read ANY posts until after they have voted. The reason we have this rule is so the match does not devolve into one between Stick and Neil.

Here is an example:

OLM 2013-02-24

o  All other posts

o  Dilly Builders vote here

Mike

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.