[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Non-biased Legal vs. non-legal moves poll

Posted By: Taper_Mike
Date: Monday, 3 March 2014, at 10:32 a.m.

In Response To: Non-biased Legal vs. non-legal moves poll (Art Grater)

“Since I have neither the time nor money to attend every tournament, I have to choose among them. LM vs NLM is certainly one of my criteria for choosing as I hope it is for everyone, whichever their move preference.”

Agreed. That makes you a perfect customer! You vote with your feet, or should we say, your wallet.

Unfortunately, that does mean you will win the election.

Take, for example, me. In Stick’s TV thread, I reported dropping my cable TV service a while back. I did this because I realized I was not watching TV very much. Worse yet, when I did watch, I would fall into the trap of watching a show I liked, and when it was over, looking for something else to watch. All too often I would spend hours watching complete drivel.

The problem is me. My tastes in viewing are probably 4 to 5 standard deviations away from the norm. So I voted with my wallet and just walked away from the whole thing. Unfortunately, it seems that I’m the only one on my block who thinks that way. Everybody else seems to be satisfied with the TV they are getting, and there is no entrepreneur who thinks that I represent a market worth targeting. In this case, I lost the election.

The same thing may happen with legal moves. If there is insufficient demand for an alternative, you may find in the near future that legal moves are the only game in town. If the forces of supply and demand in a free market fail to supply the kind of NLM tournaments you would like to see, your only choice may be to do what I did with cable TV.

Just walk away.

Mike

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.