[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Good Question!

Posted By: phil simborg
Date: Tuesday, 4 March 2014, at 7:50 p.m.

In Response To: Did someone mention Herb Gurland? (Igor)

Good question. The answer is, many tournaments around the U.S., including ABT tournaments, have changed this and other rules and some have even adopted all of the recommendation (with some improvements, I might add) that Jeb and Chuck and I recommended. Tournaments all over the world are not playing Legal Moves.

So even if Bill never changes for his club or his tournaments, which he has steadfastly refused to do for many years on this and many other rules, at least the rest of the world will have better rules.

Bill is running a major tournament in two weeks. They are great tournaments. He puts a lot of effort into making them special, and they are. I don't like his rules, but I will be there anyway, because playing backgammon with mediocre rules is better than not playing backgammon. And as Art said in a previous post, that's just my opinion. Well, who's other opinion should I have?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.