[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Not Prevously discussed in this thread

Posted By: Art Grater
Date: Tuesday, 4 March 2014, at 8:52 p.m.

In Response To: Not Prevously discussed in this thread (phil simborg)

Don't forget letting me replay if I make the mistake of bringing two down from the 6 point on an opening 3-1.

Or letting me retract my double to you when you point out that I'm actually 20 points BEHIND in the pip count, not 20 points ahead.

The point of the above is to simply say that it's a judgment call as to which errors should be penalized. IMO, they should be skills directly related to checker and cube play. Some of the examples you give, such as the wrong score, have nothing to do with checker and cube play. In your clock example, it is the responsibility of both players to pause the clock during a break.

It takes a wee bit of skill to run a 5-4 opener out to the 10 point. Not much, but a little. If I'm too careless or inattentive to do that, then I certainly don't mind letting you decide to condone or not. It's a small price to pay for my learning to play better. And if I misplay a more difficult position when my clock is at 0:00:01, you don't have to reward me with 12 or 13 seconds to rethink my play.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.