[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Team Alert!!

Posted By: Jason Lee
Date: Wednesday, 5 March 2014, at 11:31 p.m.

In Response To: Team Alert!! (Steve Mellen)

I'm not looking to be anal about the rules, but the flip side of that is I'd like to have a friendly, educational match without stopping every few moves to see how far someone can stretch the rules. There's no "Team Alert" exception.

I'm with Steve Mellen on this. Let's not go overboard here.

Part of being an educated backgammon player is knowing when you might want to withhold a comment. If you're discussing whether or not to turn the cube, you should probably just say "Double" or "No Double" and leave it at that. If your opponent might be about to double after your checker play, you might want to withhold comment.

The "rules" here are simple: when your team is up to vote, make a post without looking at other posts. Then you can look if you want. Don't consult a bot. Probably best to not consult a bot about the play until after the vote closes -- that way you can honestly participate in any potential consultation.

If you really want to say, "I vote to double. I think this is an easy take," then go right ahead. You're entitled to say whatever you want, really, but remember that you're trying to win a match.

JLee

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.