[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

"Chalk flew up"!

Posted By: Taper_Mike
Date: Friday, 7 March 2014, at 1:47 a.m.

In Response To: "Chalk flew up"! (Phil Simborg)

Your cube example says it all. The problem with choosing to win by any means possible is that sometimes your are also choosing to lose a friend.

I don't know about all the feuds that go on between players on the ABT circuit, but I've heard there are a few. In a tournament world where there are only 32 to 64 players coming to play, this can be a problem.

I am speaking from personal experience. I have had miniscule technicalities pulled on me in the money rounds. Of course, I've heard stories of it happening to others. Right or wrong, bridges get burned. Relationships get damaged.

If everybody comes back for the next tournament, instead of getting to enjoy the game you love with a group of friends, you will find that you are sitting down to face an opponent whom you don't like and whom you don't trust. Meanwhile, your ex-friend is thinking the same things about you.

It lets a lot of the air out of the ball. I don't recommend it.

Mike

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.