[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Wrong double rule

Posted By: Taper_Mike
Date: Friday, 7 March 2014, at 2:28 a.m.

In Response To: Wrong double rule (David Rennie)

Were the rule to be clarified in such a way that the double was legal, Phil has posted elsewhere in this thread that he would not help out his opponent by returning a cube that was dead for only one of them. Technicality or not, he doesn't care. If friendships get burned, it's not his fault. Winning is everything, and although it is sad, he'll just have to live with the collateral damage.

Of course, those of us who know him understand that he would return the cube. Phil is one of the nicest players around. In spite of all his tough talk, I have seen the videos. In an NLM match, Phil plays legal moves whether or not there has been an agreement to do so. That's him, the hard-ass Phil Simborg, caught on video correcting the moves of his opponent with absolutely no guarantee that the same will be done for him in return.

When I called him on it, he explained that he reserves the hard-nose stuff for the people who pull technicalities on him.

Sounds about right to me.

Mike

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.