[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Prime vs Prime CUBE

Posted By: ah_clem
Date: Saturday, 8 March 2014, at 1:47 a.m.

In Response To: Prime vs Prime CUBE (Leonardo Jerkovic)

All normal prime vs prime cubes are takes. This one doesn't appear normal, so that rule of thumb is out the window.

Both sides need to roll a 6 to leap out. But blue has several rolls to do so while white will crunch if she doesn't roll a six right away. So, it seems like blue has a leg up. Is it enough to double? Even if blue can leap out, white still has the backgame to fall back on, although at 30 pips of timing it's not very well timed.

As a practical matter, I'd cube here and make it white's problem. Since I have no feel whether it's a take or pass, I'm giving white a chance to muff it.

Can white take? (yes, I know that I'm supposed to answer this first, but I'm so unsure that Kit's law says double) The only good reason I see to take this one is to see what happens. Depending on the day or my mood, I might. But at this moment, I'll pass.

D/P.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.