[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Windows XP

Posted By: greedygammon
Date: Saturday, 8 March 2014, at 11:38 p.m.

In Response To: Windows XP (Bill Patterson)

Hi Bill,

Hadn't seen any posts from u in a while where u been?

Windows OS is known to deteriorate over time. Eventually one must either wipe the HD clean and reinstall everything or buy a new PC. Most paid software will allow you to transfer your program to a new PC. You will usually just need to transfer the license key they provided to you when you paid for the program. I dont knw what XG policy is on this maybe have to confirm something with them.

If your computer is over 10 yrs old running XP its time to upgrade. I paid about $400 for a new desktop from Amazon (Acer) Windows 7. Its not no speed demon but much faster than my Vista which is about 7-8 years old. If you dont want to spend that much can get something decent on craiglist for about $200. I use dropbox or a USB flash drive to move files around between the 2 computers. Reinstalling programs is a pain but if you do it over a few days not so bad. Now I have most of ever6yting copied over so if the Vista pc dies i can access everything from the win7 pc.

There is not a whole lot that can go wrong with your new PC if you follow some basic rules. Use anti virus (some are free AVast AVG MS essential). Dont download anything that is not from a trusted source. Dont click on any email attachments you dont know where they are from. Peroicially run defrag and disk cleanup from Accessories-system tools. Empty your trash folder and interet cookies and history internet files once in a while. Always close from the start button rather than just pushing the off button. Thats about it.. your new pc should hum along nicely without any need for any tech support. You sure as heck dont need to pay anyone $169 a year for tech support. That kind of money is for like a small business that has networked computers that need to be maintained.

maareyes at greedygammon.com (email)
http://greedygammon.com (home )
http://greedygammon.com/support (support discussion FAQ)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.