[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Cube action

Posted By: HOMINID
Date: Tuesday, 11 March 2014, at 12:38 p.m.

In Response To: Cube action (Keene)

With any cube problem it is first necessary to calculate a game-winning chance. Within 15 seconds I arrived at 65%. I am very good at doing these calculations for early and middle games. It is obvious that white is winning at the moment. Under normal circumstances this is enough for a double/take. This is a trick problem, the circumstances are not normal. With every cube there are two other factors to consider. Gammon chances and MWC. The Gammon chances in this position for either party are remote at the moment. High Gammon chances can turn an innocuous game winning chance into a sound cube offer. Beware should white make the 20 point. When it comes to MWC. I know all about Neil's numbers. I know all about Windows of opportunity and take points. I know I am not capable of bringing these to the table. Common sense is the order of the day. At 7 away 5 away brown would snatch it up. There is still plenty of play here and a small change in their fortune would produce a powerful weapon. I think it's called vigorish. That word is not in my speech analysis library, it must be a rude word. ND/T

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.