[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

What would they do about this in the USA?

Posted By: TarHeelFan
Date: Wednesday, 12 March 2014, at 10:18 a.m.

In Response To: What would they do about this in the USA? (Taper_Mike)

I'll (mostly) overlook the cheap shot(s) and the very poorly executed humor, and assume you want the answer to your question.

The 2009 US Backgammon Tournament Rules allow a no contact position to be conceded. They do not speak to the level of concession at all, other than to say you can concede as single, gammon, or backgammon:

4.9 COMPLETION. Each game must be rolled to completion, unless ended by passing a double or redouble, or conceding a no-contact position as a single game, gammon or backgammon loss. Neither matches nor games may be canceled, replayed or settled. Players are responsible for playing to the posted match length. The first player to reach the posted match length is the winner.

In practice, I've never seen an incorrect concession with 4 checkers left. Some players in the US would accept the resignation, others would not. If asked for a ruling, some directors would say the game was conceded, others (assuming the players agreed on where the checkers should be) would have the conceding player take another roll.

In the current environment, I have NO idea what percentage of players and/or directors would react each way.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.