[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Im still waiting for some input

Posted By: Mr Majestyk
Date: Thursday, 13 March 2014, at 9:34 p.m.

In Response To: Im still waiting for some input (Konstantin)

David Montgomery's fine article on the Gammon Price can be found here: www.bkgm.com/rgb/rgb.cgi?view+125

The first time I ever heard of the term "Gammon Price" was back in the early 1990's. To the best of my knowledge, I believe it was in the Chicago Barpoint newsletter. I remember the article (early 55 blitz?) well because it was written by none other than our very own, Neil Kazaross. That was the first time I realised I needed a university education. Hard to imagine the depth of number crunching these guys were performing Otb in the pre-bot era. Pretty amazing! Don't get me wrong, there were some very strong players around at the time - Billy Horan, Joe Sylvester and Chuck Papizan are several that come immediately to mind but Ballard & Kazaross were my hero's.

The "7" used in this instance, is my preferred method of obtaining the re-cube vig. I recommend searching for John O'Hagan posts between Jan-Mar 2014 for a more indepth explanation/analysis of the recube vig. An absolute MUST!!!

Its important to know how to work out the GP (GV) but I wouldn't recommend it or even attempt to work it out Otb, LOL.

Majestyk

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.