[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OLM 20140316A The Prime Factors

Posted By: Seth
Date: Monday, 17 March 2014, at 12:44 a.m.

In Response To: OLM 20140316A The Prime Factors (Casper Van der Tak)

Casper: You wrote"When cubes start to escalate, small racing leads have a big impact. I appreciate your attempt to help me here w/ an explanation.

To see this, look at how little recube vig we have on a 4-cube: A cube to 8 can still be taken with 19.5% GWC and our window opens at 60% (assuming we win no gammons). So a narrow window. This means that we do not get a lot of cube vig, need to drop more recubes to 4, and hence have a worse cube to 2. I'm not a backgammon player,however, who does, or, knows these calculations. Therefore,would you be able to explain it in simpler terms for me, and, anyone else who is not on your level, at this point. I thought we had a big race edge;had shots at blot in home board,and possibly midpoint,as well.I realized that Dilly had a good home structure.Our team voted 7/4 to not double. Given that 4 of us tossed cubes, wouldn't we get errors of incorrect drops by some of their team.I guess I didn't see this as a big blunder-wondering what the rollout will show. Thanks again, Casper.I'm enjoying the match, and trying to improve my skills, as well.
Seth

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.