[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Cube action?

Posted By: Michael Sullivan
Date: Tuesday, 18 March 2014, at 9:42 p.m.

In Response To: Cube action? (John O'Hagan)

Grunch

Without reading the rollouts, I think this is double/take. It looks pretty scary for white, but so many numbers make two of the 7, 5 and 3 both, and with the 5 open on brown's side, leaving one slot (especially the three) doesn't seem too terrible. Even on our worst rolls, we will be covering one of those points and leaving ourselves with a pretty solid blockade.

When do we lose our market? Looks like about half the time we will either make a solid 5-prime or leave no direct shots. Anything but a killer response roll leaves us with market loss, so around 40% of sequences. This must be a double.

From brown's standpoint, the blockade looks ominous, but we'll probably get a shot next turn and we have a much better board. This much be a take.

Double/take I suspect either holding or dropping is at least a .05 error and possibly blunderish. Now I'll go read the rollouts and I'm ready to look foolish for being so certain.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.