[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OT Beat the Streak

Posted By: Pat MacNeil
Date: Thursday, 20 March 2014, at 1:33 a.m.

In Response To: OT Beat the Streak (Stick)

Stick, what Steve was alluding to was the "Virtual" 47 game hit streak that William Bryan of Atlanta recorded last year. He gave it a good run but, unfortunately, fell 10 short (The man must've been a nervous wreck at the end of it all). It wasn't the $5.6M he was dreaming about but still managed to collect a nice five figure payday ($10K) for best streak of the season.

Pat

PS. If you DO decide to play, I'm assuming you can make your first picks this Saturday. The Dodgers and DiamondBacks kick it off with two in Sydney, Australia. Everyone else gets going about a week later. Puig was an absolute "Stud" last year and every guy and his dog had him on their list. Miggy was popular too as were Trout, Cano, Votto, Pedroia, Posey, Machado etc. Heavy bats and/or quick feet usually paid good dividends. If you go with the likes of Ortiz and Fielder you better hope they make solid contact because they're certainly not "Legging it Out". Once upon a time, Ichiro was practically considered a lock but his role has changed over the years. Good hitters at, or near, the top of batting order vs dogs that have a tendency to serve up fat ones is a recipe for success, you would think. The only problem is every dog, periodically, has his day. It's hard to predict but go with the best equity and your chances of putting a little something together are better than average. And SHOULD you get to that pivotal game 57, just be sure Jim Joyce isn't working the first base line. There COULD be controversy, in which case I'd be on the phone to Jackie Chiles if I were you.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.