[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OLM 20140320A The Prime Factors -- Consultation

Posted By: Taper_Mike
Date: Thursday, 20 March 2014, at 12:31 p.m.

In Response To: OLM 20140320A The Prime Factors -- Consultation (Jason Lee)

This sequence has been an object lesson on what can go right when you use the 42 to hit on the second roll.

I know from rollouts that after an opening 43 is played down (13/10 13/9), slotting is correct when you roll 21, 41, or 51 in reply. I would like to know whether the Primes think that slotting an ace here is weaker or stronger than it is in those replies.

Another issue is the minor split versus the major split. The bots have taught us not to undervalue the minor split, but I am tempted to discount 24/23 in this position. It seems too passive. The Dillies are positioned to make a point in their prime field with almost every roll. If you were on their team wouldn't you rather see us move 24/23 than 24/18?

The distraction factor is at work. If the Dillies ignore our blot on their bar point, we may be able to hit, anchor, or escape. If the Dillies choose not to ignore our blot, then we may have distracted them from making a new point.

So my thinking is that the choice is between B = 24/18 8/7 and $ = 13/7 6/5.

Mike

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.