[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

DK vs. Falafelīs Buds

Posted By: Chiva Tafazzoli
Date: Sunday, 23 March 2014, at 2:14 p.m.

In Response To: world team (Stick)

Here are my 2 cents:

I understand that not everyone is eligible to play in the World team, not every eligible player will be present at the Nordic, and some are not willing to put money down in order to play the best Danes, just to double up, if at all. I also understand that people in a team need to be able to communicate with each other and to act as a team. All this narrows the choices and the World Team has become "friends of Falafel".

However, this is and should be a prestigious event, very interesting, followed by backgammon afficionados everywhere. There is a window of opportunity here to make backgammon more global and the event itself more meaningful: If every country runs a naional competition and presents their top 2 players and among those, the besst among the bests are chosen again in an international competition to build the World team around the captain, then, this event can become really big in terms of popularity, bring together the backgammon community and ensure a more international presence within the World Team.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.