[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Baffle Box Ruling

Posted By: Keene
Date: Monday, 24 March 2014, at 5:04 p.m.

In Response To: Baffle Box Ruling (Bill Finneran)

Consistency requires that the player who stated "I will use a baffle box" must then use the baffle box. Re-roll, legally please.

No mercy from me either. I find it hard to imagine why the illegal roller would want this publicly displayed.

I also am quite pleased that no naming of names has occurred either. Keep it that way.

If you'd like to intermittently use a baffle box - when it suits you throughout a match or a game, then when you ask me if I will allow this, then I am likely to be quite unkind in my response.

I still dont like using them, its a simple mechanics thing for me - I have a hard time sticking to it, and quite often in the heat of the moment forget to use it. However I wouldnt ever ask for my roll to be legal if I had agreed to use it, I would just pick the dice up, and roll them through the box - not even considering the outcome of my non-legal roll.

I own one of the infernal boxes. I gave it a fair go. If there is a question mark over my opponents ability to roll fairly and legally, I will happily use it.

I recently played (last October) Petko, and kept rolling off the board - just blind enthusiasm on my part - and he did point out that this is why they are a good idea. I agree with that sentiment. Hard not to give your dice a good shake sometimes.

K

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.