[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

A difference in the rules--what's your take

Posted By: rory
Date: Monday, 24 March 2014, at 5:11 p.m.

In Response To: A difference in the rules--what's your take (phil simborg)

1. Yes, he can change his move.

2. This is one area where the leader should be protected from his own idiocy or lack of concentration and the cube should be dead. Once the match is over the match is over. Checker plays may have been altered because of the size of the cube and gammon now not needed for trailer to win match.

3. Legal plays…next!

4. Legal moves…next!

5. IMHO…the only debatable question so far. For me this is very difficult. How far should we go with good sportsmanship? Against a seasoned player maybe I let it stand. Against a newer player or someone recently moving up to Open/Championship level I let them pick up the checker. How should the rule read? I think the rule should allow the play to stand as it was a legal play and the player making the mistake is out of luck.

6. Yes! Clearly capricious action!

7. Yes! Otherwise keep your mouth shut!

8. If his clock is running then I don’t care wither way. If no clock then yes!

9. Only in an emergency! First his turn must be completed and it is other person’s turn and no double is imminent. Should his opponent decide to double then cube must be decided first.

10. He should be allowed to use baffle box but not force it upon you.

11. Roll stands…next!

12. I think yes he should speak up but most probably think he should find director immediately. I am fine either way but if it were my match I would prefer one just speak up immediately.

13. Same answer as 12.

14. Player B offended by not getting agreement before he picked up the dice. The dice should be replaced and the roll should be played.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.