[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

A difference in the rules--what's your take

Posted By: Justin N.
Date: Monday, 24 March 2014, at 9:24 p.m.

In Response To: A difference in the rules--what's your take (phil simborg)

1> Unless he announced he is moving the dice, the move is over once the dice are touched, or it even remotely appears the dice were touched.

2> You are honor bound to point it out. It's a dead cube when the value of the cube is the same as the number of points the cube owner is away from the match length. This is not backgammon skill, this is a technicality.

3> Treat it like legal moves. The illegal play gets corrected instantly, with no regard as to whom the correction favors.

4> The cutoff point for correcting illegal plays should be before the opponent rolls. I can't even fathom how rewinding after a later cutoff would work.

5> If the final landing place of the checker is legal, and he did not pick up his opponent's blot, he is still out of luck.

6> In the Championship/Masters division, no.

7> In the Championship/Masters division, no.

8> Yes.

9> Ideally, between games. But I'm not going to argue with my opponent if he gets up mid-game. I might ask him to just complete his move, so that it will be my turn when he gets back. If this gets out of hand in such a way that it really distracts from the rhythm of the game, then I might I ask the director to limit such breaks to in between games.

10> Yes.

11> Yes, he has lost the right. No cherry picking.

12> He should speak up.

13> Absolutely.

14> They were whatever the opponent says they were. The player on roll should get some kind of confirmation from the opponent before touching the dice or even the board/table.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.