[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

A difference in the rules--what's your take

Posted By: Justin N.
Date: Monday, 24 March 2014, at 9:53 p.m.

In Response To: A difference in the rules--what's your take (Keene)

Because there is no way to tell if the dice were still on the table or not, since his fingers are over them or in front of them. Touching the dice shows intent. You must have a clear way to judge when a move is over, and you must have a clear way to avoid dice manipulation (accidental or not).

Real life example: my opponent made his play, placed his fingers over the dice so I could no longer see them, did a little swirl of the dice near the surface while simultaneously rescanning the board for alternative plays, saw that he was about to make a huge blunder, released the dice, and proceeded to reset the checkers and make a different play.

Real life example: similar scenario as the last one, except when the player released the dice, they were different then before he touched them.

In both cases, I made the argument that I could not tell if the dice were still on the table or not, and that my opponent, not I, created this uncertainty in the first place.

If only clocks were in use in both of these examples.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.