[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Chouette Etiquette question

Posted By: Fatboy
Date: Tuesday, 25 March 2014, at 8:37 p.m.

In Response To: Chouette Etiquette question (phil simborg)

"Why is the lie of omission any less than a lie of commission (just ask my ex-wives and they will tell you it is a lie when I don't tell them something they should know as much as if I tell them a direct lie.)?"

The omission of any facts, disclosures, or other statements of truth carry the same weight as a material misrepresentation does in and of itself. I learned this lesson long ago from my lawyers(no I didn't get into trouble). Ergo your quote above is accurate in the eyes of the law as it relates to the Federal trade Commission. And just plain old common sense. that's how I see it.

In the pool room if you dont tell someone everything or give them bad information its called a "Bum Steer" or a "double steer" if you tell them something that's not true(like Neil sucks at BG go play him). What ever the case honesty is the best thing.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.