[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Preferred dice size

Posted By: phil simborg
Date: Friday, 28 March 2014, at 9:56 a.m.

In Response To: Preferred dice size (leobueno)

I insist on using the smaller dice because I know they roll more and are more likely to be random. However, since I usually play with a baffle box, I don't mind using the bigger dice then, because with the box I have no concerns about random rolls. In fact, I prefer the larger dice because they are simply easier to see.

In the finals and later rounds of most of the US tournaments, since they are streamed, it has become the standard to use the larger dice so that people watching can see them better. Here again, I like the baffle box.

Joe Russell recently posted that one of the reasons he likes the box when you are playing with a clock is that you save time because of the few times you ever get a cocked dice and you don't throw the dice off the table.

I also greatly prefer the opaque, solid color dice instead of the ones you see through. It is easier to see, as depending on the lighting, the see-through dice can be difficult to read. Some people argue that it is easier to have crooked dice with these kind of dice, but I really don't believe that is a concern or issue, particularly when the dice are provided by the tournament or by a trusted person and when you are using one set of dice.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.