[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

The Donkey Corner #6

Posted By: ah_clem
Date: Friday, 28 March 2014, at 12:15 p.m.

In Response To: The Donkey Corner #6 (Stick)

5-2 : Not sure what the right idea is here. I'd try stepping up to the edge ofthe prime and then covering the blot on my ace point. With a 4 pt board vs a two point board and with me having more checkers back and behind in the race my opponent should be inclined to play safe and not hit loose. Maybe I can make the 21 point and wriggle out of this one.

Cube: Add two pips for each extra checker and then one pip for the spare on the deuce and I'm down by 2 in the adjusted pipcount. (22 - 5) / 7 is about 2, so two pips behind is white's point of last take for money. But her takepoint is about 30, not the usual 22 so we can cube earlier. At 2% per pip I need to adjust the point of last take by 4, which puts this right on the edge of point-of-last-take.

All that said, I can't see passing this, and it's doubtful that I'd cube this OTB, but here I'll say D/T.

I've made no attempt to adjust for player strength, since at this point in my career I'm simply trying to play for lowest PR.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.