[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

A few comments/corrections

Posted By: Frank Berger
Date: Friday, 28 March 2014, at 4:34 p.m.

In Response To: A few comments/corrections (neilkaz)

(NK) Here we are in agreement! I much prefer something like the FT system where in the Swiss a computer makes the random draw for those remaining in the event.

I agree with you but for different reason. Matching he opponents is a non issue with a little computer help.

In Swiss *tournaments* it makes sense to pair weak/weak and strong/strong to find the "best" player. In Swiss *elimination* you want *eliminate* the opponents, so the strongest should play the weakest, to keep the strongest players in the game. For practical reasons it might be better to keep it the way it is. You attract more players as if you know you will play the Mochis and Falafels first.

The only drawback I see is the situation when you have only three players left. Maybe switching to each against each among the last 3 or 4 players will fix that.

ciao
Frank

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.