[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Six-primed #3

Posted By: Robert Chow
Date: Tuesday, 1 April 2014, at 1:22 a.m.

In Response To: Six-primed #3 (Timothy Chow)

I find this six-primed position more difficult than the previous two though it's a gammon saving exercise. It's unclear whether trying to advance the anchor from the 24 point to the 23 point with 24/23*, 6/3 is worth the risk. Putting another checker on the bar makes it more likely that I have another checker of mine sent back. 64, 54 and 33 are immediate blotting numbers. There may be more shots if he keeps dancing while my board is crumbling.

If I leave him alone with 6/2 and he comes in, no more checkers will be sent back. So, do I resign myself to three back on the 24 point or try for the 23 point with the chance of having four back? I settle for three back by playing 6/2 because I might not roll another 1 to make the 23 point. Even if I do make the 23 point, then I may have to roll yet another 1 to have all three checkers on the 23 point before he gets the bright idea of executing a trap play after my board have been reduced to nothing.

I can't wait to see the rollout, especially the best DMP move.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.