[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

yes

Posted By: phil simborg
Date: Thursday, 3 April 2014, at 3:33 p.m.

In Response To: Proved the Calcutta was right (Christian Munk-Christensen)

I think Ed and John in a given tournament might well be able to play as well as D. played in this tournament. I believe John played under 3 in the finals of Monte Carlo when he lost, and that was a 25 point match with about as much pressure as you could possibly have, and I have seen both Ed and John play at very low PR's in the past.

From the standpoint of tournament results, both John and Ed have been great horses to own in a Calcutta, while D's performance live is yet to be proven partially because he has not played that much, but so far, based on his PR, he has had a lot of bad luck. I recall beating him myself not long ago when he outplayed me by about 4 PR!

I think it is easy to make the point that Ed or John should go before D. in a calcutta, and I stand by that until I see evidence to the contrary, and I have not seen that evidence yet.

I hope you know that in no way am I diminishing D's skill or his accomplishment in Cleveland, as I made it a point to congratulate him for both, but I'm not ready to say he is better than Ed or John and I would not buy him before either of those two. Yet.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.