[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Donkey Corner #9 - Take Two

Posted By: Robert Chow
Date: Monday, 7 April 2014, at 3:57 a.m.

In Response To: Donkey Corner #9 - Take Two (Stick)

My play is 20/15, 20/16, coming off the anchor. This takes full control of the outer boards and gives me more checkers to play with. There are four indirect shots, 65 and 64 but I can stay alive by re-entering on a four point board. White is in a squeeze and is anxious to run from his anchor, using his four point board as support. With checkers on the 15 and 16 points, I am preventing him from running out with numbers such as 62 and 61. Then his only other alternative would be to weaken his position by putting more checkers out of play.

Keeping the anchor with 10/1 allows White to run out with 42, 43, 61, 62 , 64 and maybe even 65 and 63. Also, the blot on my ace-point is a weakness when I attack after he comes off the anchor.

Breaking the 8 point and part of my blockade with 8/3, 8/4 invites him even more to run off the anchor. 33 now becomes a joker-like number.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.