[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

I have just the board for you

Posted By: phil simborg
Date: Wednesday, 9 April 2014, at 3:21 a.m.

In Response To: New Marketplace for Backgammon (Robert Chow)

I have a very slightly used FM board that you can buy for a major discount. I don't know about shipping from Chicago to Canada, but I am sure there will be Canadian players at Carol's tournament in Novi that can bring it back across the boarder.

This particular board is the largest wooden board they make, and it comes with all the bells and whistles. It has been used less than 2 hours and you'd never know it, and I am willing to sell it for $900.00 plus shipping. New, this is a $1200.00 board and you would have to pay for shipping. It is 31" X 24" with dark wood and and brown leather panels on the outside. Gold hardware. Hand made molded wooden cups to fit the hand.

The surface, like all FM boards, is washable and lasts like iron but feels like natural material. The background is blonde, and the pips are red and a dark blue (almost black). The checkers are the Spanish checkers, 1/2" X 1-3/4", and they are white and blue with a textured, whirled pattern. It comes with 1/2" precision dice and one of those 1-3/4" square wooden cubes that slides open to hold the dice. It also comes with a cloth, protective carrying case.

If you like an all-leather board, I have a Gammoner board made by Volker from Germany, which is also very large: 25" x 31" that is also only very slightly used...maybe 3 hours, in mint condition. The surface is felt, like a pool table, and is dark green just like a pool table. The points are black and white.

The checkers are heavy, large, 2" diameter, and are swirled, but basically black and white.

This is $2600 new, delivered to the U.S., and I will sell this board for $1600.00 plus shipping.

Anyone interested can email me and I'll send pictures if you like.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.