[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

On Line voting

Posted By: phil simborg
Date: Wednesday, 9 April 2014, at 10:11 p.m.

In Response To: Some good reasons for the delay (Matt Cohn-Geier)

I use my credit card on line. I order plane tickets. I transfer money from back accounts. I find it hard to believe we can't have a safe system to vote on line.

Every voter must put in his email address and must be an Open Player to qualify. Once he votes, an automatic email is generated to him giving him a code number that he must put into his vote to verify that it was him filling out that ballot.

Since every Open player in the world that is eligible to vote would have an email that could be checked and registered, it would be very difficult for someone to vote for someone else, and if it did happen, it would often result in two ballots from the same person, and then it would be easy to find out which one was fraud.

I refuse to believe that this could not be done easily and safely with checks to be sure...the universe of Open Players who are eligible to vote is quite small, and I am sure that far from all eligible even vote, so it should be easy to do it.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.