[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

51S-62R-61P-65d-41U-42H-31

Posted By: Nack Ballard
Date: Saturday, 12 April 2014, at 6:49 a.m.

In Response To: 51S-62R-61P-65d-41R-42H-31 (Nack Ballard)

White is Player 2

score: 0
pip: 148
Unlimited Game
Jacoby Beaver
pip: 154
score: 0

Blue is Player 1
XGID=-a----EBC---dC-a-d-e---AA-:0:0:1:41:0:0:3:0:10

51S-62R-61P-65d-41

In the seventh roll sequence I posted (in my diagram caption and header) here, I made a careless technical error in nactating the fifth-roll move. Thanks to Mike Mannon for bringing this to my attention.

The diagram above rewinds the position to Blue's previous roll of 41. Coming out to the bar point is in the U (Up) family, not the R (Run) family.

Years ago, the opponent's bar point was included as an overlap point in the U (Up) and R (Run) fields, but no more. If all portions of a move play checker(s) to the 24pt–18pt field, it is in the U family. If at least one portion (of an all-far-side move) is played to the 17pt–13pt field, it is in the R family. (For further reference, see positions #3 and #7 in the Nactation tutorial.)

Though it's questionable form, one may use R assumptively for 23/18 (as it can't refer to any other play, and it is obvious what is meant), but it was not my intention to do so.

Humbly,

Nack

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.