[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Denmark vs The World Final

Posted By: Christian Munk-Christensen
Date: Sunday, 20 April 2014, at 8:06 p.m.

In Response To: Denmark vs The World Final (Seth)

There were some decisions which surprised me so I am very curious to see the PRs. Some of the interesting plays included:

Denmark rolled a 31 from the bar which was used to build a 4-prime. Here I would have hit at the score.

Denmark recubed with 3 guys behind a 5-prime and none of them at the edge. I didn't see the marketlosers so I hated the recube like a couple of the Danish players.

The World played safe with a 52 which could have built a 6-prime. I would have made the prime and as would Petko as far as I remember.

There were some containment plays which I was not sure about.

All in all a truly amazing final game which unfortunately went the world's way. I would have liked to have seen some more backgammon and to have heard some more discussions.

I found the team dynamics on the Danish team to be a bit different from last year. I think it made a difference that Gus was not in the team. I somehow don't think Denmark would have spent 10 minutes on the recube if Gus had been at the table, I think he would have made an "executive decision" before the 10 minutes we spent, but this is of course only speculation on my part.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.